I want to use my marketing & market research expertise to have a positive impact on societal issues. I want my work to contribute directly or indirectly to a better world. Helping others is part of who I am. Therefore, sharing my knowledge to help others achieve a greater impact is both natural and much more rewarding. It gives sense to what I do and motivates me to do more. Being part of Generous Minds is thus a logical step.
In the course of my professional life, I've led the consumer & market insight leg of innovation projects both in developed and emerging countries, working with multiple stakeholders for organizations such as BVA, Kantar (the Market Research agency side), Philips, Heineken or Danone (the Corporate side). They’ve always provided me with a great satisfaction when working as a team and with a strong sense of achievement when delivered.
My core expertise is to gather data to generate insights, an activity at the core of every entrepreneur’s business. My experience lies mostly on product or packaging innovation, branding and communication, collecting and analyzing data from consumers or professional targets alike. Core questions for me are:
- What do we really need to know?
- How are we going to find it?
- What do these data tell us?
- How do these translate into actions and a more robust strategic plan?
- How do we communicate these to customers, partners, employees and investors?
Be great in small things
I've grown into a marketing professional through various roles in the market research sector or at the client side, implementing projects in developed & emergies countries. My motto is "be great in small things" as I truly believe it matters.
Some of the companies I worked with:
- BVA & TNS (based in France & UK) - learning and growing into a market researcher, handling projects such as brand & image tracking, customer satisfaction, product & idea testing.
- Philips (Amsterdam & Eindhoven) - Corporate role: Set up the first Global Brand Health tracker to analyse consumers’ perceptions of the Philips brand & its competitors (covered 6 key product categories in 14 markets). Flat TV business: From human-centered design approach across several continents, identified the opportunity to create one unique look & feel for the TV, audit and video products and generate a stronger brand identity.
- Freelancing for various business unit at Philips or Heinekner (Amsterdam). Drove co-creation approach with consumers, experts and key opinion leaders or influencers.This led, for example, to the launch of new Hair Care product range and services.
- Danone Nutricia (Amsterdam) -My role consisted of combining the research from our scientists with the recommendations from healthcare professionals and the needs from mothers that we had met across the globe while complying with the World Health Organization requirements. I designed and implemented human-centered design approach to assess the consumer's needs and motivations. These learning were brought into product/packaging innovation or communication development.
- VC4Africa (volunteering Amsterdam) - Conducted interviews amongst customers and non-customers to assess to which extent VC4A website communicates well its offeing, provided clear recommendations which were later implemented.
People that translate a vision
I admire creative people in general, those who are able to translate a vision, an idea into something concrete such as a painting, piece of music, photo, recipe,… thus my endless curisosity for things and use of creative process into business environment.
By nature, I like collecting things: facts, books, people, information, new concepts, … It keeps my mind fresh and who know when it might become useful?
Making a difference in the way business is done
My experience helped me grow as a marketing professional. I want to use this experience and expertise to make a difference in the way business is done and gives sense to what I do. I want to use my energy to contribute to an organisation which has a positive impact on people's lives by addressing a societal issue. My core values are: Togetherness, Optimism, Transparency and Trust.